You have found the website of the Missionary Church in Freeman, SD. Thanks for visiting.
We have had the joy of serving in Freeman, and the surrounding community, for over 50
years. In fact, in Sept. of 2019, we celebrated our 50th anniversary. For more go to the
'celebrating 50 years' page, or click right here
Here at the Missionary Church we celebrate the love of God and new life in Christ through worship and praise; we cultivate personal growth in Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and study; we care about one another in Jesus Christ through demonstrations of genuine concern and sharing of ourselves with one another; we
communicate Jesus Christ to the world through one on one relationships, community outreach ministries, and world missions.
This is an exciting place to be. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, whether early on in investigating God, a long time follower of Jesus, or anywhere in between we would love to have you be a part of our church family!
In addition to Sundays, we are now meeting -- in person -- on Wednesday evenings.
Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.
Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. It can also be viewed live on our facebook page.
Children's Ministry (ages 4-12) 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
S.O.A.R. (Youth Group: 7th-12th grade) 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Bible Study & Prayer Time (Adults) 7 - 8 p.m.
For the complete announcement, click on the Covid-19 link below.
URGENT CALL TO UNITED PRAYER:
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary prayer. Let us:
1) Ask God to put an end to this pandemic. If there were ever a time when we need to embrace 2 Chronicles 7:14, it is now.
2) Pray that God will grant wisdom to national leaders as they deal with COVID-19 and that they will be able to put aside partisan politics.
3) Pray for spiritual awakening in our churches, in the nation, and globally. Every great move of God has been preceded by extraordinary seasons of prayer. We could be on the verge of the greatest awakening in history.
4) Pray for healing in our land.
In light of the recent rise of covid-19 cases in our communities, and having consulted with our two health professionals, we considered our options and made the decision to cancel this year’s Thanksgiving meal. While disappointed, we believe that this is in the best interest of everyone and the right thing to do.
JUST A REMINDER:
1) Don’t forget to bring your Operation Christmas Child boxes, to church, this Sunday, Nov.15. We’ll dedicate them in the morning service, and then deliver them to Sioux Falls next week.
2) We’ll be hosting the S.E.S.D. Prayer Conference, this Sunday evening, Nov.15, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. There will NOT be a meal beforehand.